Nanowrimo prep part 2 for Author Mommy’s.
With Nanowrimo quickly approaching one thing that must be done is to have a conversation with your spouse. You are going to need some support. You are going to need someone who is on your side and cheering you on. This support may look very different for different couples, but the big thing is that you sit down and explain to your spouse WHY this is important to you. WHY you are going to try and do this whole write an entire book in a month thing and HOW they can help you be successful. Below I will list some ideas of how they could support you. I don’t expect you to do all of them, these are just some ideas. Find one that works for you and go for it. And if none of these fit you exactly right, I hope they will help you come up with your own ideas.
TIP 2: Ideas of how your spouse could support you.
- Give you writing time in the evening by putting the kids to bed.
- Give you writing time by taking the kids for an hour or two on Saturday.
- Cook dinner for you, or realize that November might be simple dinner month.
- Take over a chore, so you have more writing time.
- Help with research for your novel right now, and during the month of November so you don’t waste that precious writing time.
- Ask you how you are doing on your word count.
- Buy motivational treats for you when you hit certain points during the month. For ex: Reached 10,000 words=prize, then again at 20,000 words…
- Let you vent about what your characters or plot is doing.
- Do something quietly nearby.
- Help you put together a writing playlist in October that you feel is fitting for your genre.
I am sure there are many more ways that your spouse can support you. But I hope these help get you started. Its coming soon, and guess what, you can so do it!!